Tuesday 19 May 2009

INSPIRATION: FROM THE UNEXPECTED


I've been working as a temp at a furniture shop and when is quiet, I try to think about ideas for my project. While I was doing some thinking on finding ways of organising the patterns or images I intend to work on, I realise an idea was lying on one of the sofas; a sample book. In the shop they use those books to show types of fabric available for upholstering the furniture.
This kind of object may have some characteristics related to the archives.


Textile sample book, Wiener Werkstätte
Open to Orpheus by Dagobert Peche, 1911
Printed silk, printed cotton, paper
8.5" x 10.5" x 1.25"
Textile Traces: The Lloyd Cotsen Collection

Found here

I also found some amazing sample books by searching in Google images:


Found here

No comments:

Post a Comment