Saturday 23 May 2009

INSPIRATION: DESIGNERS GUILD

In the search for systems to develop my archive I went to Kings Road to find out how designer shops display samples and which methods are didactic and easy enough for people to create personal styles and designs. It was very helpful because I manage to develop a first draft of how I want my piece to look like:


I was also fascinated by the little sort of archive-room at Designers Guild -where they keep tiny samples to give away to customers. Organised along very tidy small white shelves and drawers, all sorted by colours and styles, it was my obsession made come true! If only I could make my project bigger, and not only have a colour-emotion-memory based book-archive but a whole room! I couldn't take any pictures but I'm uploading some from the showroom found in their website also to give an idea of how I would like to see my project if I had a much more large budget. Maybe in the future...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment