Friday 29 May 2009

IN THE MAKING!

I started creating the images for the sample box. I started with the yellow tones since is the colour I chose for September (happy, sort of holiday memories). I'm enjoying the process of going back to those memories and give them a new context, draw on them, think about how they would work as samples. I did 10 in one page because is easier to fit them altogether in order to compare them with each other. Then, I print and cut them in half because when they are complete they look too big (almost 10 x 5.5 cm) and the idea of samples is lost.So I quite like that they look like threads of paper, like paper testers. It also brings up the idea of memory fragmented, the anxiety of putting things together and the impossibility of coming up with one clear picture of a past event.


At this stage I'm regretting not have taken as much pictures as I would have liked. But I have a bad relationship with my camera, I'm hating the poor old thing (even though is still useful) and I desperately want a new one.
About the images itself, I think I prefer the ones I drew more on top. So maybe I need t work more on that. Also need to make the colour contrast more evident between each image. I'm still quite interested in make it all look simple and low cost. But it has to be sleek as well. Is important so stressed the idea of impermanence, of the paradox of how precious we consider memories but also how easy to lose and dispose they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment