Monday 1 June 2009

SUGGESTIONS LAYOUT

My project keeps evolving but it feels like a very slow process. In get stuck when I doubt and then I sort of panic. Despite that I think I had a very productive day, I found myself asking why am I doing this and if it's worth keeping all this memories.
Anyway, today I'm not feeling very sure about having the suggestions or ideas hanging in the wall, which are meant be for people to understand what they have to do with the samples and how they have to put them in the request format.
I started designing the layout and the text is based on the leaflets and samples displays of paintings that I found at the designers shops. The text itself is quite cliche but is what I want to show. I changed some words to give the context of memories-colours relationship.


I also used some of the expressions that can be found to describe things at decoration websites. The first page I designed is meant to explain why the need of this sample book, but although I wanted it to work as the suggestions board that I saw at the designers shop, I was sure I didn't want it too look too "graphic design", like some kind of advertising. I want to keep the idea of the inexpensive, the basic, the simple. I played with the layout and it was hard to find a look since I can't decide how to make it look like a sample book without compromising the design.
Maybe the answer is keeping things simple, regarding the basic sort of aesthetics of the archives.
Simple fonts (typewriter style), labels, old archival paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment